Celebrate Earth Science Week at the Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon National Park is celebrating Earth Sciences Week and National Fossil Day with a variety of special programs from October 14th – 20th, 2012.
The park will have rangers on hand to do demonstrations and learning experiences and will include:
- Fossil Walks (Monday thru Thursday Oct. 15 – 18, at 10 a.m.
- Special Family-oriented Fossil walk at Tuesday Oct. 16, 4:30 p.m.
- Guided hike on the Bright Angel Trail at Friday Oct. 19
- Presentation “Eddie McKee: A Grand Life” at Friday Oct. 19 at 7 p.m.
- Presentation “CSI Grand Canyon: How Geologists Help Solve Mysteries” at 11 a.m.
The full schedule of Earth Science Week programs is available online at www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/earth-sci-week.htm.