If your budget is tight but you’re excited to get some travel in and check Grand Canyon off your bucket list this year then you have a few days to target. The National Park Service has announced that Grand Canyon admission fees will be waived 5 days in 2022. That means you gain access to the Grand Canyon National Park absolutely free! Of course, the free admission days are often busy so plan to share the park with your fellow travellers. Remember to stop in at the Grand Canyon Visitor Center in Tusayan and say hi. We’ve got plenty of supplies at our souvenir store, food and drink, and of course, the IMAX presentation of Grand Canyon: Rivers of Time to entertain and educate.
Admission fees will be waived on these days:
- Monday, January 17 – MLK Jr. Day
- Saturday, April 16 – First Day of National Park Week
- Thursday, August 4 – Anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- Saturday, September 24 – National Public Lands Day
- Friday, November 11 – Veterans Day